Tuesday 24 July 2012

The Body Shop Shea Body Butter






I finished a couple of products over the weekend and The Body Shop Shea Body Butter was one of them, seeing as I suffered from a bout of sunburn after spending the whole day at the beach on Saturday clearly having not used enough sun protection - ouch!

When reviewing products from now on I want to start off by describing the brand's ethics as I know this is something a lot of people (including myself) are interested in before purchasing. It clearly states on the back of this product that it has not been tested on animals. The shea butter has been fairly traded from Ghana. To read more about the brand's values, click here 

This body butter is a best seller for The Body Shop and it's pretty easy to see why - it smells like a holiday in a tub (it does to me anyway!) and the product itself is thick but dissolves into a creamy texture when warmed up in the hands and applied on the body. It thoroughly moisturises without that 'greasy' feeling I kind of thought I was going to get before I used it. It keeps skin hydrated and soft for hours afterwards, and has never irritated my skin which can be prone to a bit of sensitivity. I would definitely re-purchase this product, it is a bit more expensive than a lot of other moisturisers out there but I would say it is worth the money as it lasts quite a long time (a little goes a long way) and most importantly of all, it works! You can buy it for £12.50 from The Body Shop website

No comments:

Post a Comment