Saturday 4 May 2013

Blog Everyday in May Challenge: Favourite Quote

#4: favourite quote (from a person, book, etc) and why you love it
I'm going to be honest, I've found this one a little bit difficult! I'm not sure if it's because my big fat pregnant self preferred to alternate between napping and 'nesting' in the flat today, or because it genuinely is hard to pick just one original quote, but in any case, I wasn't too inspired. So I hopped to the one place where you're kind of guaranteed to find something inspiring - Pinterest - and I found this little gem:


Anyone who knows me will have an idea why I've picked this, I'm all about keeping your eyes forward so to speak and moving on if that's what needs to be done (most of the time, anyway). I'm not a big believer in dwelling on the past and wishing things had turned out different (not that I do actually wish things had turned out differently for me, I think I'm pretty darn lucky with how my life has turned out so far). That's not to say that I haven't gone through some pretty glum times and wondered if I'd made the right decisions or if I could have done something differently, but you can't change anything, so there's no point going over it in your head again and again. If you keep looking back, you can't move forward, and anything or anyone that's behind you and not in your life anymore are probably there for a very good reason! I'm not sure if I believe in fate but I do believe that everything happens for a reason, and you just kind of have to trust that there's something bigger and better just waiting for you in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment